The certificate is a digital document used to identify individuals and legal entities on the Internet. With it we can consult and carry out procedures with the Public Administration, since it contains the identification data duly accredited by an official organism.
The National Mint and Stamp Factory (FNMT-RCM) is the body in charge of issuing the certificates.
There are three types of representation certificates, which will depend on the initial letter of the NIF of the entity, detailed below:
- Certificate of Representation of Sole and / or Solidarity Administrator: it is issued for Legal Persons through their legal representatives.
This certificate can be obtained by corporations (A) and limited liability companies (B) if the representative of the company is a sole or joint administrator correctly registered in the Commercial Registry.
- Certificate of Representation of a Legal Entity: it is issued both to individuals and representatives (when they are not sole or joint administrators) of legal entities.
This certificate can be obtained by companies whose sole administrator is another company.
A and B: Corporations and limited liability companies, if the representative of the company is a joint administrator, attorney-in-fact, sole shareholder, president, etc. and has specific powers of representation that allow him/her to obtain this type of certificate.
C: General partnerships
D: Limited partnerships
F: Cooperative entities
G: Associations L.O. 1/2002, foundations, political parties, trade unions, consumer and user associations, other associations other than the above with legal personality.
J: Civil societies.
N: Foreign entities with legal personality, embassies, consulates, etc.
P: City councils or deputations
Q: Public institutions
R: Religious congregations and institutions
S: Regional administrations
V: Agricultural society in transformation, economic interest grouping.
- Certificate of Representation of Entity without Legal Personality: issued to both individuals and representatives of entities without legal personality.
This certificate can be obtained by the following entities:
E: Communities of property, recumbent inheritances, shared ownership of agricultural holdings
H: Community of owners.
N: Independent entity, but without legal personality with presence in Spain.
P: Neighborhood councils, department or body dependent on the Administration without legal personality
S: Bodies of the central and Regional administration, except for the governments of the Regional Administrations.
U: Temporary joint ventures
V: Other types without legal personality
W: Non-resident entities with permanent establishment in Spain
Advantages of digital certificates
Among the advantages of having any of these digital certificates are the following:
- The new certificates of representation of legal entity can be used to carry out formalities related to any Administration
- The new certificates of representation of sole or joint administrator can be used to communicate with the Public Administrations guaranteeing the user security and confidence
- These electronic certificates incorporate a technological improvement, providing greater security in the use of telematic transactions
- Speeds up communication with the Public Administrations
- It is issued following the requirements of Law 59/2003 on electronic signature and in accordance with the European Electronic Identification Regulation (eIDAS), thus obtaining validity at European level.
Arintass advises and helps you to identify the type of certificate that corresponds to your company, as well as to process its obtaining and manage its electronic notifications.