A new service in the RED System facilitates the automation of the acquisition of forms to request recognition of the maintenance of Spanish legislation in cases of temporary postings.
The Social Security, through the main online registration and affiliation menu in the RED System, has implemented a new communication service for posted employees that allows the form for requesting recognition of the maintenance of Spanish legislation in cases of temporary movements to countries of the European Union, the European Economic Area (Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway), as well as Switzerland and the United Kingdom (including Gibraltar) to be speeded up and registered automatically.
From now on, the RED System can be used to request travel by employees (including civil servants) or self-employed employees who are in any of the following situations:
- Initial postings of employees to EU countries, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland, under EU Regulations
- Initial postings of employees to the United Kingdom in application of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement between the European Union and the United Kingdom
- Initial postings of employees to Gibraltar pursuant to Royal Decree Law 38/2020.
For these purposes, initial postings are considered to be those which, either continuously or by means of consecutive extensions, don´t exceed a maximum period of 24 months.
In turn, the following shifts can also be recorded:
- Travel by seafarers
- Travel by crew members of air transport companies based in Spain
- Movements of the majority of cases of employed or self-employed employees who carry out their activity in two or more countries (excluding Gibraltar), and reside in Spain, where they carry out a substantial part of their activity.
Once that data has been completed, the form will be issued and made available to the company or self-employed employee the following day at the Social Security E-Office.